Sunday, 5 January 2014

January Crazy Crafters Blog Hop


Thanks for joining The Crazy Crafters team for our monthly blog hop. We have seen some fantastic blog hop ideas in the past if you missed the previous blog hops we did be sure to check them out.  This month was hosted by Michelle Mills and what a fabulous theme! Classic Black and White!


This is the fifth stop in our Crazy Crafters Black and White blog hop line up.  You should have just come from Carolina Evans at Studio Evans if this is your first stop you can work your way around every blog from here too.


This is the third month we have run the team blog hop and I can't wait to see what the team has come up with this month!  The next blog is number 6 on your journey and is created by the gorgeous Sarah Rae Oaks at Stampin' Up! with Sarah - If you get off track, the full blog lineup at the bottom of this post will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.

Ok so this month I really enjoyed making the cards as I haven't done a lot of black and , I made two different cards so I could choose my favourite but am only including one in the blog, so stay tuned for the other in the next week sometime :)

I made the actual card base out of Whisper White Card stock. Then cut some basic black card stock to fit in the gap.  Next I got some whisper white card stock again and stamped it with the En Francais in black StayzOn ink. I then ran it through the Big Shot using the Top Note die.  Next up I used the designer label punch to make both a black and a white label for the sentiment, the white i kept punching down until I got it to leave a border of black big enough to be comfortable with I stuck the two labels together using snail, I then puched the sentiment on using a stamp out of the Express Yourself stamp set using black StayzOn ink.  Next was the Black Candy Dots (these can be used with the brad base also however i didnt use them here because it is black and white and the surrounds are silver) I stuck them on. Next i wrapped White Bakers Twine around the black card front until I was happy with how it looked and stuck it with Snail.  Then I stuck the entire card front to the card using the snail.  While I had the Bakers twine in my hand i made a few loops of it over my fingers and then tied off the bottom so it wouldn't come undone, and put it aside for a minute.  Next I made my black flowers (I will put up a tutorial for those soon also so please stay tuned) adhered them to the card and put the additional bakers tine in with some Tombo glue and arranged that until I was happy, and put the sentiment on using stampin dimensionals. Voila!
However... I wasn't happy with the card, I asked a friend and she assured me it was beautiful and not missing anything but I didn't like it how it was! Soooooo i then got my Basic Black stamp n write marker and penned in the stitching around the top not piece of white cardstock... and then I thought it still needed more so I got The Banner Greetings stamp set and stamped the sentiment on some whisper white  and cut the banner out with my scissors... I then asked for final approval from my friend and got the thumbs up so here it is and I hope you like it too :)


If you are interested in any of the products or techniques here please feel free to drop me a line I love feedback :)  

Thanks for dropping in and taking part in the Crazy Crafters Blog hop! Have fun enjoying all the beautiful cards - I hope they inspire you to try some Black and White card making.


Blog Line Up:


1. Michelle Mills at Hello Day Cards
2. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie
3. 
Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie 
4.  Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
5. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2
6. Sarah Rae Oaks at Stampin' Up! with Sarah
7. Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena 
8. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards 
9. Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama 
10. Kate Benade at Stamping with Kate

7 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful cards Tamie and this one is no exception :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant, Tamie. I like the 'extras' you put on the second card :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is beautiful Tamie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Tamie. I think the little additions just perfected it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card Tamie, I love the roses on this card, really sets the card off. It's great to demonstrate how a couple of little extra touches can step the card up to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards. That added stitching is a gorgeous extra detail.

    ReplyDelete